about shop patterns projects printables extras sponsorship wild olive twitter flickr pinterest subscribe

pattern: the trees start whispering

The Trees Start Whispering


I can hear the trees start whispering
Their colours speak of change a’ coming
The bluebird’s song is gone till spring
And I sit here just waiting

These are the words that start the title song of the new album from Lauren Mann and the Fairly Odd Folk, Over Land and Sea. The album comes out tomorrow, and what I've heard so far has me very excited for it. Good music is a good thing, especially when you can stitch along!

The Trees Start Whispering

I emailed Lauren before I started drawing out a pattern, and we both liked the imagery of whispering trees. And while the song does mention love, it's not all about love...yet I couldn't resist having these trees whispering something about love. In a subtle sort of way, of course.

The Trees Start Whispering
The Trees Start Whispering

Here's the stitching details: The tree and banner outlines are stem stitch, the lettering and arrow stem is back stitch, the whispers and ground are running stitch and the insides of the trees and the arrow ends are fly stitches (or something more like a scallop that's pulled straight).

The Trees Start Whispering
The Trees Start Whispering


Be sure to check out Over Land and Sea from Lauren Mann and the Fairly Odd Folk. They've just started their North American tour to accompany the album release!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:57 PM

    So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:31 PM

    Nice, I wish I knew what they're whispering. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that really is lovely. :')

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luciana9:41 AM

    Beautiful! Thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice creation!
    thank you

    ReplyDelete

I often reply to comments in the comments...check back if you have a question!